Monday, October 18, 2010

All quiet on the knitting front... for now!

So it took me a while to post photos... but photos are up on my flickr pool of the classic socks... I love them! 

Classic Socks off FeetThese took FOREVER to make, but I'm happy with the way they turned out.  It was the first time that I ever made a pair of socks on one long circular needle and I  have to admit... it's WAY easier than it looks... and feels far less complicated than the 2 socks on 2 circulars...   I think I just like the way  Melissa Morgan Oakes wrote the instructions.

The Pattern is Classic Socks from her 2 at a Time Socks book (GREAT BOOK!), I'm debating about buying here Toe-up sequel as I've come to conclusion that socks are not something I like to knit on a regular basis.  It feels like a lot of effort for such little payout... albeit... my hand knit socks last WAY longer than any of my store bought ones!

Cozy SlippersI've also finished the Cozy Slipper Knitalong from the shop... I LOVE the knitalongs... it brings people working on a common project together... and I must say... the slippers are quite cute!

Still plugging away on my Clapotis... not really picking it up all that often, but I know it's there waiting for me to work on it.

I lost SOOOOOO much steam on the lankakomero 22 Leaves Knitalong!  I'm about halfway through clue 4... and I haven't picked it up since!  I'll definitely have to finish by the end of the month... it's just ridiculous how I've let it fall to the wayside (I haven't picked it up since September!)

I started on the feet eaters slippers... those are driving me CRAZY!  My gauge has been off off off with project and now that I'm making things completely to gauge, the parts are turning out too big or too small!  I might just frog this project and make a felted bag... we'll see.

I've also started Needlepointing... I chose a 13 mesh canvas portraying a Scottish Terrier and a Tiffany Box...   I feel so domestic when I work on it... I'll post pictures when I have time!

The sweaters are currently on standby... along with the rest of the projects I wanted to start this month.... we'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment