Thursday, September 16, 2010

These side projects are killing me!

I've made little to now headway on the socks or the clapotis since my last post... but I've been busy knitting other things (things that are TOTALLY detracting from my 4 by October Goal!) 

Simple Cable CowlLast week, I designed, cast on, finished, blocked and photographed the cabled cowl pattern I will be teaching for the Beginner's Cabling Class at AKAN (Abuelita's Knitting and Needlepoint) this Saturday.  The pattern is free upon request with the purchase of any super bulky weight yarn, or is available for purchase on Ravelry for $2.00.

The idea behind this project was to create a very simple, very quick, non-threatening cable pattern that would be clear and concise for those who are not only new to cables, but are possibly new to knitting in general.
So aside from the preparation work for my upcoming cable class, which I'm sooooo excited about (it's my first project based workshop!), I was recently asked to make another Chiko hat from Jane Ellison's Noro: Men booklet. 

The Hat was made for the owner of AKAN... it was a breeze to make as it was my second one, made out of the same yarn I made the first one out of (Noro Furisode is AMAZING!  The way it looks hanked up is NOTHING compared to the way it looks when it's knitted up)

Chiko for Abuelita - EditedSo I've just been a busy little knitter the past couple of days... working on things that don't really have anything to do with my 4 by October goal... *sigh*  What's a boy to do?

The socks are driving me a little batty... the stitches are so small... and it takes me forever to do a full round... I'm also beginning to suspect that I may run out of yarn so phooey, they may just turn into an awesome pair of toeless yoga socks... we'll see how far the yarn gets me... I really don't want to buy another ball just for the toes... I can possibly just pull from my stash of leftover yarn... but it'll be a little hard to match.... we'll see.  Off to do some more knitting!

-Chester

1 comment:

  1. you can't be that sad if you look that cute in a pic.

    just sayin'

    ReplyDelete