Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My “4 By October” Goal…

So I have come to the crazy conclusion that I have way too much yarn, and way too many things in my queue… and that I feel that I’ve lost a lot of momentum in terms of making things this year. At one point I was churning out a project a week… albeit they were small, simple and didn’t take a lot of seaming. Seeing as the winter is fast approaching… I want to make myself a sweater (if you’re looking at my attempt for a sweater on Ravelry… I have yet to block it… but unblocked… it’s too small, I think.)
I’ve decided that I need to come up with a new goal… 4 projects to be finished by the end of September. 2 are already underway… The Springtime Bandit, and a pair of socks. These 2 projects recently fell by the wayside due to a series of unfortunate events, but I believe it’s time to pick them up again. Upcoming projects may be the new Hoarfrost Moebius from the newest Interweave magazine, I love a good stainless steel yarn! Another project is the Saroyan scarf I have in my queue. Depending on how quickly these go, I may be adding a fifth project… the elusive Clapotis… a project I’ve dreamt of making for ages, but have yet to even cast on for!
I have 5 weeks to finish 4 (or 5!) projects… we’ll see if I can keep my sanity!

If I do finish them within my timeframe, I’ll be treating myself to a sweaters worth of MadelineTosh! I’ve been eyeballing the Cobblestone Pullover by Jared flood and will be rewarding myself with 8 skeins of MadelineTosh Vintage in the Ink colorway as a Christmas sweater. Now, I cannot purchase the yarn before I finish, and will not be having it set aside… so if it sells out before I can finish… I’ll have that little tidbit hanging over my head. Will I be able to make my goal, will the MadTosh be gone before I even finish!? Tune in… and find out.
-Chester

a.k.a. DeceptiveCookie

No comments:

Post a Comment