Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Creekbed Featured!

Hello fellow knitting fanatics!

I have the honor of one of my projects being featured on the Knitty Blog! I am currently working on the Creekbed Scarf by Stephen West, published in th elitist edition of Knitty.com.

Stephen is a long time knitting crush of mine, and have often referred to him as my future husband (a boy can dream, right?).

Picking the yarn for my Creekbed was a complete coincidence. Through my work as a knitting instructor at Abuelita's Knitting and Needlepoint in South Pasadena, I was asked to reverse engineer a bias striped wrap. The bias scarf took far less yarn than I originally anticipated, leaving me with 4 partial skeins of tosh merino light (my all time favorite yarn!)

A few days after completing the project, I came across the new Knitty Issue. Serendipity and my love for Stephen West aside, I knew I had to make one for myself.

Without further ado here is a current photo of my progress on the scarf.

Creekbed 70% done!

I am currently working on the last repeat of the 3 stripe pattern, and I can't wait to get this off the needles and blocked!

- Chester

1 comment: